Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 27, 2002, 7:11 PM   #1
Default Olympus 2100uz--- still one of the best cameras?

on a recent post i indicated my disappointed with a lot of the cameras i have used, and some folks suggested that i try out the 2100uz because it performs really well in low light situations..
just wondering, how does it compare to cameras like the G2, coolpix 4500 and Olympus D40?
dorae006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2002, 7:31 PM   #2

The 2100UZ has excellent color and sharpness, a wonderful AF and exposure system, and image stabilization. I got one for my wife last year and she won't go near her Nikon N80 system, or our CP990. To zoom from 35-350 (38-380?) and get tack sharp images handheld means that 2.1 megapiixels of a perfect image will beat 4 to 6 MP of blurred or poorly exposed images.

I am using a D60 with professional lenses, and her ratio of keepers is consistently higher than mine, and while I am changing lenses she is getting the shots that won't be there by the time I'm focused!

The only camera she would trade for is a Canon or Oly with 5mp or more PLUS an image stabilized, 10X lens.
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2002, 9:26 PM   #3

I wouldn't trade mine for the world! I responded to your question about the C2100's image quality by posting two different sets of pics taken with my camera. Click here to return to your original message thread.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote