Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:43 PM   #1

I have a HP R707 camera. It takes great pictures but i have a big problem with red eye on all my indoor pictures. I remove the red eye but when i develop my pictures not all the red eye is gone and lots of my pictures have bugged out eyes. Please help me out as this is so..........frustrating

penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:02 PM   #2

First make sure that you are using the red-eye flash mode when taking the picture. Note that some people have unusually large pupils and will always exhibit red-eye when captured with the flash. During playback you can select the people pictures that have ared-eye problemand use the Red-eye Removal option from the menu. And there are a lot of software viewers and editors that offer a red-eye removal tool.

The real problem is that all of these compact cameras have no choice but to put the flash too closeto the lens - there is nowhere else to put it. Even with mid-size to large cameras, it is not desirable to use on-camera flash, this is why all the pros you see have the flash off to the side and well above the camera on a bracket.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote