Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 31, 2002, 6:17 PM   #1
Default 602 users please help!

Hey about to purchase 602 but on,ooking at the fuji site have found that compact flash isn't acccredited as a form of memory (only microdrive and smartmedia). I just want to know that people are successfully using larger compact Flash Cards (256 -512 mb) and that they are working fine.

marts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2002, 6:22 PM   #2

I use all three in mine and have had no problems with the following brands of memory card: Sandisk, Lexar, Simpletech and Ridata - all except Simpletech to 512meg Type I capacity. It also works fine with iOmega 1 gig MicroDrives.

I believe the reason for the caveat concerns using the CF card for capturing high resolution video (640x480). The S602 requires either a "very fast" CF card, SmartMedia or MicroDrive to be able to continuously shoot at 640x480 in the movie mode. Slower CF cards just can't keep up and will "time out" before the card is full. A 1 gigabyte MicroDrive will allow you to shoot continuously until the drive is full. Also the SmartMedia will do likewise because the controller for the SmartMedia is on the camera not the card.

Don't expect to reliably shoot continuous video until your card is full unless you use either SmartMedia or a 1 gigabyte MicroDrive - CF speeds are just too variable to insure this performance. Some will, some won't. But for other purposes, any CF card of any capacity should work fine.

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote