Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 28, 2004, 5:20 PM   #1

Can someone please help me?

I bought an Olympus D-560 Zoom in March, and now there seems to be something wrong with it. Olympus has not been of any help, and seem to have not even read the email I sent them before they responded, so I ask all of you I hope to GOD can help me.

Here's the problem. First, when I turn on the camera and turn on the digital viewfinder screen, there is no image. Any time I try to take a picture, the flash goes off and it "stores" a picture like it normally would, but if I then go to look at the picture I took, all that shows up isblack. Also, whenever I try to take a picture, and sometimes just when I turn the camera on, the green and orange lights with flash that are by the manual viewfinder. This generally means the camera needs new batteries, but I have switched them multiple times with multiple brands, and know thats not the problem. Even the little image of a battery is a green and happy looking. Finally, if I put in a memory card that has photos on it already and go to look at it, they DO show up just perfect. So, my guess is there is some kind of problem with how it reads images, but I don't know what the problem would be or how it can be fixed short of spending a crap load of cash fixing it. So...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

dumbolympus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:19 PM   #2

How long have you had the camera? I hope its under warrenty, because it sounds like it has a serious problem.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:46 PM   #3

Please dont take offense to this but, is the lens cap off?

When you put the "black images" on the pc, do they show up?
Have you checked your settings? Could the shutterspeed be extremly high, or the apature real small?
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote