Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:29 PM   #1

I have heard and then read somewhere (probably here) about new cameras coming out in February. I have gotten money for a new camera for christmas, and i have finally decided which kind I want.

So my question is, what does february have to do with anything? Do most camera makers come out with their new models in february? I probably will not look at new cameras when they come out, I think I am more wondering if I should wait till February to buy my camera, because that might mean there will be a chance that the one I want goes down in price?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...
AquaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:36 AM   #2

I don't think new camera's are coming out any time soon. The manufacturers just released their new product lines a few months ago.
wrxer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:35 AM   #3

Are you sure about that? I can not confirm if this is a fact or not, but I am certain I read the upgraded 300D is coming out in February, plus that would coincide with the excellent offers you can get on this camera at the moment, as in they are trying to clear stock?????
grant.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:49 AM   #4

Manufacturers tend tolaunch many new models during the annual PMA (Photo Marketing Association) show each year in February.

This year's show will be in Orlando from February 20-23.

We'll need to waitfor any announcements to see what they may or may not have planned. Announcements tend tostart prior to the show (rather than waiting until the show dates to get press out on models being launched there).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote