Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:53 PM   #1

i done a search on amazon and found heaps of books on photography, so i am asking you, the pros if you have any recommendations on a good book to teach the basics of photograpy.i wana learn stuff about shutter speeds and using correct speeds for certain results, ISO apiture size and how it effects pictures, lighting, color and all the other stuff i dont know. them really fantastic pictures of eagles pulling a fish from a lake, where its a perfect still, and you can see each drop of water perfectly and clearly,or shots where just the subject is in focus but the background is slightly out, or really good landscapes of sunset and sunrise, i want to learn the techniques for theese pictures. any books you found good would be great. remember, im a beginner, a real beginner so nothing overly complicated. and it must be for digital cameras. i wont be expirementing with film. thanks all
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:07 AM   #2

I would recommend "The new manual of photography" by John Hedgecoe as a good book for beginners. It covers a lot of what you're looking for.

I would also recommend you check out your local library. They usually have heaps of books on photography, and you won't waste your money on books you don't want. Even though you want a book on digital photography,don't dismiss the film photography books. Most of the principles of photography apply equally well to film or digital, so you can find lots of good information in the film books.

Have fun!
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote