Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:28 AM   #1

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me choose between the sony p100 and the new SD300. (cuz these 2 fits my budget)

A brief history of my experience w/ digicams:
dec 2003 : Sanyo XACTI-C1 (after 3 days, returned it)
dec 2003 : got the DSC-T1 to replace the xacti-C1
jan 2005 : sold the T1

i'm very particular about red-eye and the movie mode. i usually print 4x6 and occasional 8x10's.

please help.....

ponxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:21 PM   #2

Well, I will assume that you have reviews other cameras in the price range you are looking at and have narrowed it down to these two because there are plenty more cameras with as good features or better but these two look to be pretty nice cameras. It's all in what you want out of your camera. I take it you are in the market for a point and shoot. I really like what cannon has done with their cameras and their images turn out great but for some reason the samples I see from the sd300 are a little washed out looking for some reason so that gives rise to a little concern plus it appears to have a little issue with red eye which is important to you. The sony p100 is a great camera as well and doesn't have the red eye issue and has all you are looking for. I recently upgraded from my sony p51 and I was very pleased with it. The carl zeis lense on the p100 (while not the sonar version) is great! The p100 is also $50 chaper at best buy so I would choose that one out of the two you are looking at. I'm no pro but I hope my little bit of advice has helped you.
algea is offline   Reply With Quote