Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:43 PM   #1

Hi guys maybe you can help me. My cousin wants to buy her first digital camera. She will use it mainly for taking pictures of her friends and viewing them on her computer. And maybe print a little like 4 by 6 mostly. And she wants something small.

Between the Canon PowerShot A510 Or Nikon Coolpix 4100 both $199 what do you think would be better? I heard someone say that the Nikon is better dealing with red eye.

Thanks for all your help!:?
gate1975mlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:28 PM   #2

My opinion is that for your friend's needs (shots of friends), either camera will probably be way more than adequate. I own a Nikon Coolpix and it is surprisingly powerful for something that fits in the palm of your hand. My Canon is a vintage film SLR, so I can't comment on the digital, except to say Canon is highly regarded (and I agree).

To me, "red eye" is fixed in software, as are MANY other problems. My software of choice is an old version of Adobe Photoshop, but "Paint Shop Pro", and maybe even
Google's free "Picasa" are options. The point is let the camera get the best image it can, fix the details on the computer. IMHO.

Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote