Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:43 PM   #1

Here is the deal I had a shoot with a great model last weekend I got a lot of really good shots. But some how I messed up and had my camera setting on ISO 1600 so all the images are really grainy. I shot using a Nikon D70 and saved the files in RAW is there any program that I can fix my ISO mistake?

Thank you,

Attached Images
cdteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:38 PM   #2

There is no way, that I know of, to change the ISO of a RAW image. However, there is a program called Neat Image that does a great job of removing noise. I haven't used it but many people in these forums have sung high praises about it.

Good luck and great looking model!!

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 6:40 PM   #3

The ISO setting tells the sensor how much to amplify the signal, which is done regardless of whether you're shooting in RAW.
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:38 PM   #4

Well, nothing can change the ISO per se, but several programs are available for removing the noise artificacts produced at high ISO settings (which is what you're talking about, right?). As CALR noted, one of the best is Neat Image . Another is Noise Ninja. Neat Image is available for free and more device profiles seem to be available for it. If you overdo the settings they'll cause excessive softening (plastic look), but they're highly customizable and can be a lifesaver when shooting at high ISOs.

Here's an example of what might be done with your image (I had to reduce the size to upload it here; notice it appears softer, but that's because I applied quite a bit of nr to it).
Attached Images
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote