Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 2, 2002, 12:51 PM   #1
Default Hard Copy photo albums for Digicams????

I just bought a Fuji 3800 and I am a bit peeved that i can't print in 4x6 size withoiut cropping the shot because a digicam uses a 4:3 screen instead of a 3:2 (why, i will never bloody know :roll: ).

I still like hard copy albumns so does anyone stock albums that take 4:3 shots in pockets??
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2002, 3:18 PM   #2

And if you had a 4:3 screen (detector), what would you do when you want to print a 5x7 or 8x10 or 11x14 or 8.5x11 or any other common paper size? Or show it on a 4:3 computer screen or a 9:16 HDTV screen?

There are so many formats for output that no detector aspect ratio will fit for all of them. I prefer something close to square to maximize the amount of the lens coverage that is captured so I think 4:3 is pretty good.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2002, 4:55 PM   #3

I get 6X4.5 inch prints back from my online lab in UK. All Fuji Frontier 370 printers do this - if the lab stock the Fuji paper.

If you want 6x4 without cropping U need a Kodak cam! Mind U it doesn't take long to always think 'safe area' when you're framing your shots.

As for albums, I use those with a cover sheet of melamine - no pockets, just mix and match anywhere on the page.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2002, 5:09 PM   #4

The Kodak Easy Share software will automatically resize you photo to print at 4X6. It is a free download at this link

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote