Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 3, 2005, 6:30 PM   #1

Just got back from a warm familyvacation in Florida. My son and I did some digital shooting, just fun stuff. My sonwanted to get his shots from his Canon A60 printed out at the local Wolf/Ritz Camrea store, WOW the print quailtyblew my socks off, what a awesome job they did. Has anyone else used them, I'm interestedto knowif any other shops use the same process they seem to use. I've used Sams Club, who by the way uses same equipment I believe, but with amatte finish, and they are pretty good. Also usedlocal Kodak drug stores which, I'd say are just ok. I'm a very fussy picture quaility guy, and believe meWolf/Venice,Fl. did some great work their, just curious if its just this shop, or doesWolf/Ritz have a good rep. By the way, they printed 4x6's and 5x7's. Thank's, for any input
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2005, 6:36 PM   #2

I tried ten free samples they gave me and thought they were better that ones I had gotten from New York Camera. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Epson R200 gives results that I think are just as good as the prints I got from Ritz.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:00 PM   #3

I would agree with you about Ritz.

IfI need a bunch of pics, I use WinkFlash. They have great quality and excellent prices.

But so far, Ritz (www.ritzpix.com) seems to have the best quality I have seen. They do cost more though.

I think overall, I will continue to use Winkflash for my 4x6's, and Ritz for my enlargments. I am in the process of trying out Mpix for both digital and film prints.

If you are looking for other comparisons, take a look at this post from a while ago.

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:25 PM   #4

Thank You:-)
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 5:20 PM   #5

I use Ritz exclusively for making my prints and they are, by far, the best I've seen. Unless I'm doing special effects or a custom size, I never make prints at home anymore because of them. A few of the stores do have matte finish available, so ask your locals to find out.

S1Artiste is offline   Reply With Quote