Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:20 AM   #1

I come on this site since several weeks, and I don't see any new models tested...

When I look at the part "best cameras" it always the same cameras without any changes. Is it normal?

And I also see lots of new models available here in Belgium
wich aren't tested yet on your site...

Could you give me some explanations about that?

Thanks in advance
easysteph3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2005, 11:21 AM   #2

Steve seems to be among the first to test new cameras – at least among the first to do adequate tests. All of the testers are dependent on when cameras are sent to them, and it takes some time to do a good review.

There are some cameras available in Europe they don't sell here. Others have different designations in the US market. And some models show up in Europe before we get them here.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of time between when he tests a camera and it shows up on the best cameras list if he judges it good enough.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:12 AM   #3

Steve and the team will generally not rush a camera review into the site. Much of the testing and opinions are based on a very thorough job of evaluating many aspects of the models. This is why his reviews have so much impact on the buying community. He has accepted a very serious responsibility when he does this. Thousands of readers will rely on his opinions and comments. These things can not be hurried just to be the "first" with a review. I have purchased 3 cameras and several lenses based on the info I got from this site.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote