Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:07 PM   #1

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can not find the post. Why, when I pull up some posts, instead of getting the posted picture, I get a square with a white box in it with a red X in the box?

Thanks for your help.
rrich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2005, 1:26 PM   #2

This could be one of a few things.

The poster of the image may have taken the photo off themselves, the image may have been removed from the hosting web site, again by either the original poster or by the hosting web site, or the poster may have exceeded their bandwidth allowance for the month, thus not showing the image until their allowance is replenished.

As long as you are seeing some images, if not all, then the likely reason is one of the above and not a problem with your computer or any settings in IE. (Or whichever browser you are using).

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 1:33 PM   #3

Another possibility is that the hosting site is down temporarily.

I have removed many of my older photos on Photobucket. If one of the pictures you wanted to see was mine, please send me a private message and I'll send you a copy. I am sure the same could be said for others that have removed older images.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:30 PM   #4

Thanks for your help. At least it appears that I am not doing anything wrong - except being a little late in trying to see some pictures.
rrich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:37 AM   #5

:roll:I have the same problem with missing pics. If you click the Refresh icon on your browser, one or more of the missing pics will appear. It's is slightly disappointing to
so often. Steve's is not the only web site with the 'missing pics' problem. It would e nice to see all related pics, as it was months ago.

tismarty is offline   Reply With Quote