Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:34 AM   #1

i would just like to know which camera is best for close up shots

A4mp or A 2mp

also which is better for for long distance shots

thnx alot
ysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:51 AM   #2

I would have to say 4 mp or better for both. However, it depends on what you want to do with the pictures and which type of shooting you want the best quality. Personally, I want good quality for everything I shoot. I don't make a distinction. I am using a 6 mp Nikon D100 and I am currently using large image size and NEF (RAW) for everything. When I use jpeg, I always use jpeg fine for best quality.

Incidentally, your poll is not valid for the question you are asking. You have only two choices in the poll and your question asks which mp for which type of shooting. You probably should have another selection in the poll for >4 mp.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:45 PM   #3

Assuming everything else is equal a 4mp will always be better than a 2mp. The key here is 'everything else is equal'. Especially with distance shots, the extra mp will allow you to crop more. Now, if you were comparing a 4mp to an 8mp that might be a different case - some of the 8mp p&s cameras have more noise than their 4mp sibling because the manufacturer increased mp without much if any increase in sensor size. So, I don't think in all cases an 8mp camera would produce better results than a 4mp. But you also have to consider overall quality of the camera. Just because a camera has more mp doesn't mean it's better. So, if quality of components is similar between two models and one model is 4mp and another is 2mp I believe the 4mp would be a better investment.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote