Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 24, 2002, 5:57 PM   #1
Default View images from computer back to camera

After successfully coping images from a memory card to your computer. Why can't you copy back from the computer to the memory card and view the images in the camera? Can it be fixed?
relade8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2002, 7:29 PM   #2

Did you edit the pictures? otherwise it should be fine to copy them back unless the camera only display thumbnails...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2002, 12:41 AM   #3

Can this be accomplished on a Canon g2?

Suresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2002, 12:51 AM   #4

This is what you are looking for, and it works! I've personally tested it with lots of images -- it's the only program of its kind that I know of ...

For various Nikon Coolpix, Canon, Olympus and Sony Digital Cameras. Program to convert JPEGs after processing in Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop etc. for TV slideshow display from your Nikon Coolpix 950, 990, 995 or 5000 camera. Yes, what many people have said is impossible can now be done with the help of TVwriter. Take individual JPEG files or even a complete folder of JPEG files and using simple drag-and-drop convert them into a slideshow you can carry around in your pocket, and display on any NTSC or PAL compatible TV! Other digital cameras including the Canon S300, Olympus C-1 zoom, C-700, C3040 zoom, D-40 zoom and Sony DSC-P1 can read these images.

TVwriter for Windows

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2002, 9:57 PM   #5
Default Copying files back to memory card

Thank you Mr Steve for your very useful reply. One clarification please. Do you mean we can copy these images (using the programme mentioned by you) back to the memory card in the camera using the same USB cable and then connect them to the TV and view it? Thanks. Mathew
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2002, 11:36 AM   #6

On Steve's recommendation, I just registered TVwriter (thanks, Steve!). What the program does is resize the pictures in a given directory and write them to filenames DSC000x.jpg in a different directory of your choice. Filesize is about 60K/pic, so you can put LOTS of pics on your card for a slideshow. You may then copy these back to your card in the subdirectory where they normally would reside. I use a card reader, so I can't answer your question. BTW, the author replied to me that thumbnails would be included in the next release, so don't panic if you see black thumbnails inside your camera!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote