Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 28, 2005, 2:06 PM   #11

cock3tail wrote:
My main problem is a picture of my late brother. I have a picture of him before his sudden death, that was cropped from another photo and I would like to clear up if possible.
Part of the problem may be that it was cropped from another photo. The quality of the original also comes into question.

What was the medium for this photo (film, digital, print)?

What size/type (35mm color film, etc., resolution of digital camera, print size)?

What portion of the original image was occupied by him after the desired crop?

The original image in it's purest format would be the best place to start off (uncropped, uncopied,etc.).

Give us a little more information about the photo, and forum members here can offer you some tips on it (how to use interpolation algorithmswhen enlarging by being "smarter" when adding additional pixels, or why it may be better to use more professional quality equipment and software if you're scanning an image, etc.).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:35 PM   #12

Thank you all so much. I am so overcome with emotion that so many people were so willing to offer their help and sympathy. I will post the digital photo, as it was emailed to me, in extreme makeovers.
cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote