Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:59 AM   #1
Default Digital Photo's Of Neon Illuminated Artwork

Well hello all. I guess it's time to enter the digital age. Here's my dilema:
I own a Neon Manufacturing Company and in the past the only way I could get decent photo's of my neon lighting was by using a 35mm camera with ASA 50 film or slides. I recently pulled out the old camera and it needs repair and as old as it is I was told it probably couldn't be fixed. I have a JVC DVL 9800 digital video camera, but I am unable to make the proper adjustments to the camera to get quality photo's of my Neon.
What digital camera would you recomend that would be able to take quality photo's of Neon lights and artwork, and how would you do it? I would like to take multiple exposures at different settings so I would be able to get the true colors of the neon AND the background as it would be seen with the naked eye. Also it would be nice to get software that was available to do editing or be able to combine 2 images into one. I'm in real need here as I've done hundreds of beautiful neon art pieces and neon lighting and have NO decent pictures of them, and I've tried proffesional photographer's to no avail. Neon lights are a light source and this is the problem with photographing them. I hope someone out there can steer me inthe right direction or has personal knowledge or skill on how to do this. I'm at your mercy.....:-)
tomcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links