Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 14, 2005, 6:34 PM   #1

Hello all...

I notice in the TV show Americas Next Top Model that they have a camera and itappears that it ishooked up to an Apple computer, so that they can see the pictures right after he takes the shot, or at least that is what it looks like, I could be wrong... What cameras do they usually use for photo shoots... Some of them look like a Hasselblad and some look like canons... Not sure thou....

Also is there a special program they are using to view the photo's right as he/she takes the picture other then photoshop?

rhett7660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2005, 7:23 PM   #2

I've never seen it myself (being in England), but they're quite probably using Hasselblad's and Canons. You can get digital backs for some medium format cameras (haven't looked them up for a while, but you're looking at 20 mega pixels for $30,000 sort of thing).
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 10:32 PM   #3

Many cameras can send their pictures directly to a camera. I don't know of one that can act like a video camera (show a live picture) but that isn't what you asked.

If they are really taking model-quality shots (like for the glossy mags that require lots of detail and resolution) then they almost certainly use medium format of some kind.... Mamiya or Hasselblad are the obvious choices. Both are very expensive for digital backs, but a TV show can afford that.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote