Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 18, 2005, 4:01 PM   #1

I have the casio ex-p700 digital camera, i love this camera but I would like more zoom on the camera. On both steve's review and canon's websites, you can see three different lenses that can be used, but i have no clue which one to pick since i know very little about lenses.

There's the :

TC-DC58 Tele Converter

WC-DC58N Wide converter

250D Closeup Lens

I think the WC-DC58N has been discontinued and since it's a wide angle lens, i'm not too worried about that...I need more zoom not more picture area. So can someone please explain to me which of the other two I should get for more zoom and why? And how much photo quality will I loose by using that much zoom? I don't even know if I will lose anything since it's a 7MP camera but then again i'm not a pro at this.

And lastly, i'm aware that both lenses will require the lens converter adapter LU-60A.

Thanks in advance.
benso37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2005, 5:05 PM   #2

You want the teleconverter. A teleconvertor increases the effective focal length of the lens, thus giving you more zoom. Note that it affects the entire zoom range. For example, a 100mm-300mm zoom with a 2x teleconverter effectively becomes a 200mm-600mm lens.

A closeup lens is for macro work where you want to get right up close and personal with your subject.

Hope this helps.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 10:29 PM   #3

Thank you for the short but detailed info, I called casio this afternoon but he couldn't answer my questions so i decided to post it here...I can now make my decision based on your reply...Thank you
benso37 is offline   Reply With Quote