Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 29, 2002, 10:29 AM   #1
Default please help with Epson 785

i currently use a Canon D60 and shoot in RAW. i usually convert to 16 bit Tiff and print from Photoshop.

the reason i bought the 785 was that i could use my Minolta D7i (first camera before D60) and shoot jpeg and print from the CF card.

my inlaws would love to see how a printer can make pictures.

my question is, can i take RAW pics and convert to jpeg and then transfer these jpeg's to a CF card and use the card to print from the 785?
Hawkeye12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2002, 10:53 AM   #2

I tried something like this once with an older cam, getting the cam to think the saved image was one of its own. The idea was to use the cam as a slideshow generator on a TV. It only worked when the filename was the same syntax and structure as the cam and more importantly, the file size was exactly the same. I always preserve my original files and only rename now.

So, I could put back images not previously edited, perhaps renaming, but not after editing. However, I haven't repeated the test with a newer editor which preserves the original data header. BUT your printer may not be so fussy as it's built to work with many different cam cards so I can't see why it shouldn't work for the printer, possibly you might need to format in a cam and put the files in the cams pic. directory.

Somebody else who does this regularly might help, but I'm wondering if there might be a risk of screwing up the cards format - so practice with a smaller cheaper card first!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote