Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 26, 2005, 2:47 PM   #1

Pardon the typo in the topic line... d'oh!

I am looking at getting a 17" LCD, and am considering the Dell 1704FPT. It's on sale now, and the price is right for my budget.

Does anyone have experience with this display? The specifications look decent. The contrast ratio is 500:1, and while I'd prefer better, I currently have a quite old NEC with a contrast ratio of only 200:1, so 500 will be a huge improvement! I also like that it has a DVI input, which many models in the price range do not.

My biggest concern is how well it handles brightness from top to bottom. On my current display, I can see more detail in the shadows or highlights of images by moving them up and down on the screen or by moving my head slightly up or down. I know the viewing angle will be a problem with any LCD, but I want something that won't noticeably change brightness with very small changes in viewing angle.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:16 AM   #2

hi UrbanPhotos, seems that noone is answered your thread. sorry but I don't have an answer as well, but maybe you've already bought yourself a new monitor? If so I'd appreciate if you can share your experience as I'm looking to get LCD monitor as well.
BTW here is the thread with answers about LCDs which I've posted: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote