Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 6, 2003, 9:45 PM   #1
Default Olympus C720 or older C700

There is a couple Olympus camera for sale in my local area - a C700 and a C720. Should I get the newer C720 with 3mega pixel or the older C700 with 2 mega pixels. I've heard that even though the C700 is older and only 2meg pixels, it takes better pictures and is a better camera. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
whatgive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:23 PM   #2

First, should have asked in the Olympus forum here...you'd have a dedicated Oly audience as some people may not leave their own brand's dedicated forum.

I bought my C-700 in August...back then I had the choice between the C-700 and the C-720. The reason why I bought the 700 is because it has manual focus, sound in movie mode, plug for external TTL flash (720 can only have a digi-slave flash, when it sees the flash onboard the camera the external flash fires), 10x zoom rather than 8x zoom, and a few other features...to me, having more control over the camera meant a lot more to me than the extra megapixel. BUT......

Today I'd buy the C-730, it's a much better camera than either the C-700 or 720...all the benefits of the C-700 with an extra megapixel, plus has a better EVF (Electronic View Finder), better focusing (movable focus area), fulltime histogram, etc. etc.

Look at Steve's Digigicams for a review of the C-730.

- Oly C-700/720/730 Yahho group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:30 PM   #3

Thank you Mike for your advise. I thought about the C730 but could not afford it. I have posted my question in the Olympus forum. Thanks again.
whatgive is offline   Reply With Quote