Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:46 AM   #31

Toms is the only hardware review site I visit. Especially with LCD's they do a VERY thorough job, even measuring the latency, white point, black point and colour uniformitythemselves. Pity they generally only do the more expensive stuff. In a review of some 19" models, they said that if you cant afford the viewsonic 19b+ or something like that, that you should go for the Hyundai L90D+ 19".

Although they test more for the average user, and not generally for graphics professionals. Except for the review eric mentioned. But who can affort those ??
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:34 PM   #32

When it comes to photography, you'll want to avoid low end LCDs. One thing to make sure of is that you get an 8-bit LCD, meaning it can display true color. 6-bit is cheaper to produce, hence it often shows up in low, and some medium end monitors. I have a Viewsonic 17" LCD 8ms at work, and while it is a very nice monitor, esspecially for only being $260 on NewEgg, it's colors aren't as spot on as I'd like for photography. I much rather use the Samsung 700DF 17" I have at home, which was only $120 at Sams Club. I would avoid Sony CRTs, as we have a high end Triniton at home also, but the coloring is pretty badd on it, dispite adjustment. I would reccomend a middle to high end Samsung or ViewSonic.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:47 PM   #33

i just installed my samsung 193P+. calibrated it usin my gretag i1 display 2. and it cal"d in quite nicely. it is limited to 1280x1024 but it will do for my needs for some time.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote