Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 9, 2005, 10:01 PM   #1

Been a couple years since anything has been put into my bag and now its time to decide. Shooting a D60 with 35 - 350L & 24 mm L 1.4. 550EX flash unit w / Trans. E Pack. Shooting for few web sites, and personal use. Have narrowed down to an extra body ( probably 20D ) or an extra lens. Any thoughts.......... whats your choice(s)?
DaMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:27 PM   #2

It really depends on what you're trying to achieve and where you're going to be going.

Just talking about equipment isn't good enough, they are tools. We need to know if you're building a house or a table before we recommend what powertools to get.

Same applies here. What will you photograph? In what situations. You need different gear if you're photographing kids playing soccer or kids sitting for a portrait. How far will you travel? How much weight can you handle? What is your access to power (probably good, but just in case....)?

Without this type of info, it is basically impossible to give good advice.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 4:06 AM   #3

Just a little item that I carry in my camera roller case: silica packs to keep my equipment as dry as possible. I got two Pelican brand silica packs (reusable, just heat up to 300 degrees for 3 hours) that are inexpensive and help prevent mold in high humidity environments, or when transitioning between extremely different environments (hot & humid outside, cold and dry inside, and vice versa).If you want to fill vacant space in your bag, and you do most photography for personal use, I would suggest a new lens. A lens will be with you for a lot longer than a body will.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote