Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:19 PM   #1

What a disenchantment :sad:when you make a purchase, having long considered the market and your financial situation, to find that technology and prices changedtoo fast. If you waited 6 months you could have had the technology you wanted at a price you could afford.

I wish for a camera for the same features and specifications as the Canon Powershot S2 IS, but with 8 mega pixels, but the price is now too high for me. Of course one could be waiting for ever, but mega pixels, would be enough and I would not worry about prices coming down for 10, 12 or 16 mega pixels in a near future.

Does any one has an idea of what the market will be like for an 8 mega-pixel camera with the same features as the Canon Powershot S2 IS in 6 and 12 months ?
lchene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:31 PM   #2

The Panasonic FZ30 is due to be released soon. It is a 12X stabilized zoom and 8Mp.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:23 AM   #3

There is absolutely no way for people to predict how quickly advances will be made (and used) in new camera models, or when they'll be released. Canon may come out with an "S3" next year that's 8MP for $499, or it may take two years, or they may drop the S series altogether for something else - no way to tell.

The attitude to adopt is to get the camera that does what you NEED it to do now. In 2-3 years you'll probably upgrade anyway.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote