Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 21, 2003, 9:45 AM   #1
Default camera to PC and vice versa

Iam looking for a software or digital camera or both by which we can see the images on the pc monitor while we shoot.My intention is to use it for taking ID pictures . So that while I shoot and also after shooting, the customer can see the picture on the PC monitor and select the best shots.Swapping the memory cards from camera to PC is not suitable because it spoils the contact if you use it continously.I want the camera to be mounted on a movable stand and PC connected to it. So that while shooting we can see on monitor and also after shooting and then if customer like print can be made.
kondath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:07 AM   #2

I wouldn't bother with a digicam for this application. Instead, a high-end webcam. As well, if you get a TrackerPod you can remotely adjust the camera's aim:

There are other ideas like the Pinetree software that works with many Olympus cameras, but I can't remember if you can see what the camera is seeing before you shoot on the computer...if you had a second video monitor you can hook it up to the Olympus camera's video out:

Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:53 AM   #3

There's a program called Cam2Com that allows Olympus digicams to be controlled from a PC. I played with it for a while and it worked very well. I had it set up with my C4000 as a sort of web cam that updated a page on my Personal Web Server every minute. If I remember correctly, it allows you to control zoom, focus and take the picture from the PC. It will then transfer the picture to the PC.

Unfortunately, I can't locate the URL of the author's site, but he does give his email in the program's help file: smenche@attbi.com. I still have the download and it's not very big. If you'd like it, use the forum's email to send me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 11:55 AM   #4

fenlander and all: take a look for that cam2com and other software in the misc. forums here. There is a thread somewhere there i followed to get it. I tdoes work very well.
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 4:23 PM   #5

Canon G2 will do this out of the box
d77avid is offline   Reply With Quote