Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:11 PM   #1

Boy do I feel stupid, and cheap. I'm new here, and wondered if anyone knows anything about a warranty I received from an internet purchase.

Background: I just purchased two cameras from Wawadigital. I didn't know about the forums to check on credibility until now, wish I had...

I tried numerous different internet sellers, all of which I felt were scams. I really wanted a Sony DSC F828, and a Sony W7 for my wife. I cancelled numerous orders due to 'bait and switch' tactics before I settled on forcing someone to live up to their advertisement. I compromised with wawadigital and purchased a warranty for both cameras, at a discount from their initial offer. I received both cameras, and they appeared to be new, although the boxes were opened, and the battery for the 828 was an aftermarket substitute. Still, except for a couple minor scuffs on the 828 (which could be on any camera, I believe), everything is fine. My problem is the warranty. It is supposed to be a 5 year warranty, and I have a confirmation number for it, but I havent' received a card or any other information on it. Has anyone else run into this, and if so, how did you resolve it.

I just tried to log on to the sellers website, and it appears to be gone.

shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links