Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 20, 2005, 10:03 PM   #1

What book would you guys recommend for me? I bought a Digital Rebel about a year ago and know everything about it. I just need kind of a beginners-slightly advaced book. Some thing about the art of photography maybe?

Geeek204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:45 AM   #2

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:44 PM   #3

National Geographic put out a series of books a while back that covered many, many topics. Some general photography to specific ones on landscapes, portrates, buildings, and more (I bet.) I've heard good things about them.

If you really want to do some heavy reading, I've heard really good things about the Ansel Adams books "The Negative" and I've heard good things about "The Print". I've never heard of "The Camera" which he also did.

But these are fairly deep books and I don't believe they are for beginners.

One big advantage is that I bet you can get them from a library.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:39 PM   #4

Tom Ang has written a couple of good digital photography books. He has one in the KISS series that's very nice as well as a thorough one that's pretty much like a textbook. If you do an author search on Amazon's or Barnes and Noble's websites you'll find his books. John Hedgecoe is another good author but he does not address digital issues as thoroughly as Ang. Amphoto has published many good books, including Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" ( a MUST READ). Jon Cox has a nice book on outdoor digital photography published by Amphoto.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote