Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 1, 2003, 7:39 PM   #1
Default Best brand of digital-cameras !

Which ones are better at image quality in the first place. Nikon, Minolta, Olympus , Sony etc....which ones?
sintualex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2003, 9:46 PM   #2

The one you end up buying after much specs research, looking at many image samples, and printing those samples to the size you are most likely to require. Only YOU can decide what is the best for YOU. You can see what I thought was best for MY needs on my sig. Good luck on your research.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 9:40 AM   #3

Im an amateur photographer... you know.. nothing serious, I just take pictures for fun and when Im visiting other countries...

My researches made me buy the olympus c-4000
Olivier21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 12:39 PM   #4

As I said in the thread, "Manufacturers vs. Camera/Picture quality", http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6859

(Picking the best brand which has the best image quality is) Not really possible as each company has different levels of quality depending on whether a product is low-end or high-end. It's like cars, you can't compare the quality of an entry level car with a top of the line luxury model, even though both are made by the same company.

For instance, Olympus has three levels, the D-series for the amateur who wants a point-and-shoot pocket camera, the C-series for the enthusiasts who want more creative control, and the E-series for the professional who wants a digital-SLR. They're for different uses so you can't pick one and say that all the cameras are this level of quality.

Another thing is (for the most part) we're talking about consumer cameras, some may cost over $1000, but still aimed at the consumer market. If you want the best digital cameras be prepared to shell out $10,000-$30,000 and up, but these ones are mostly for studio use.

You have to judge each camera on its own merits, and you can't pick one and say it represents the brand and all it's other cameras.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote