Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:48 AM   #1

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind I seem to recall that it's possible to purchase an extended warranty from a 3rd party--not from the seller or the manufacturer. Has anybody done this? I like the idea of shopping for the best price vs. reputation for the insurance same as I did for the camera...

guy48065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:23 PM   #2

Madck Camera's extended warranties can be bought from an retailer who sells them. Does not have to be the same place you bought the camera but they require the warranty be registered within 30 days of the date the camera was purchased. Other extended wearranty providers probably have their own rules.
henryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:33 PM   #3

extended warantees. a lil story i'll keep short

Topps sold an item a tv 6 year warrantee 600.00 third party. tv hada 1 year parts and labour. never used. now the extendedwarrantee is in , and never used. well topps went out of bussiness, and I called to confirm my other 4 years on the warrantee. all okay do not worry, we are a texas base and 3rd party. well topps promised 6 years never use get all 600.00 back lol. well now I found out on my 5-6th yar 3rd party is out of buss. and well 600.00 is M.I.A. do you think getting a warrantee is worth the hassel if it is on a small item to a car. sometimes it is if you can always hand it in for a new one . sometimes you go way pass the warantee as Our Tv is. just a story to keep in mind.

A major compan will go out o bussiness like it or not due to compitition or personal reasons . but everybody remembers crazy Eddies. Lol he reopened and I guess he is gone again.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 8:44 AM   #4

I sure never heard of getting your money back if you don't use the warranty. Sounds like Topps sold you a line ofBS along with the $600 TV insurance :shock:
guy48065 is offline   Reply With Quote