Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:34 PM   #1

I've read a couple of times that some people take their camera with them everywhere and i just wonder how many people acutally do this? i at the moment do not take my camera with me everywhere but i do take my camera phone with me, the quality is not so good and im acutally considering taking my point and shoot camera with me cause its much smaller. does anyone take a bigger camera with them? i am just courious to know. thanks

badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:27 PM   #2

I always take at least two cameras with me. But, one of them is a camera phone. ;-)

Yes, I always have a camera with me. But, it's a pocketable camera (it rides in my front pants pocket). Itake a Konica Revio KD-510z (a.k.a., Minolta G500)with me everywhere (well... I don't shower with it). ;-)

It's not the smallest or lightest around, as subcompact models go.But,I didn't want to compromise much in the image quality areawhen I bought it. Some of the newer models are smaller, thinner, and lighter. But, each model is a compromise in one area or another.

I've been very pleased with the Konica (purchased in July 2003). One of the reasons I bought it was becauseI'd often leave a larger camera at home.

Now, I'm always ready to tak e a photo on a moments notice. I can't tell you the number of times I used to think "darn, I wish I'd have brought a camera with me".Well, now, I always have one.

If I drive anywhere much further away than the grocery store, I'll probably have at least one more cameraalong (and sometimes two more).I alsokeepa tripod in the car at all times (although it doesn't get used much, it's there if I need it).

As far larger cameras with me *everywhere*.... Well, I'm starting to do that more and more lately.

But, it's just a pain lugging a heavy camera around. I'm getting a Konica-Minolta 5D soon, and I'll most likely carry it with me everywhere (at least for a while). It should be small and light enough to allow that (I'll probably keep a short prime on it).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:31 PM   #3

I had a small carry camera back in 35mm days and found I got more pictures with it than with my large SLR gear. I've continued with digital to always have a small camera with me.

I spend most of my life in jeans shorts and don't like digging a camera out of my jeans pockets. So I found a tiny leather pouch at the flea market that holds my little camera perfectly. It is more convenient than fishing it out of my pocket. I've always managed to find a belt pouch for whatever carry camera I was using.

If you carry a small digital around in your pocket it is a good idea to have nothing else in the pocket. LCDs can be fragile and expensive to replace. When I do put a camera in my pocket I put the LCD against my leg.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:33 PM   #4

Yep mine goes everywhere with me. It's gottten so that now if someone sees me without it they ask if I lost it or had it surgically removed. lol
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:25 PM   #5

I am the same way. I have my Moto E815 (cam phone) and my 10D. When I don't have it, people look at me strangely... Its an interesting expirience, especially after a year of getting (what the heck is he doing with that camera?) looks.
If you don't have your cam, you cant take pictures with it...
Man do I need to learn to spell check... lol!
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote