Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 7, 2005, 5:48 PM   #11

I got the image you sent and put it in an album online. Yes, you're seeing a little bit of noise. But, it's really not bad at all for ISO 1600.

I ran it through both Neat Image and Noiseware and posted the later. Both of these products have free versions you can download, as well as trial versions of their more sophisticated products that can be used as plugins.

You'll find your Original and a Filtered Version in this album (you can select the viewing size after you select a photo if you change the size under the photo you're viewing). I used a setting for "weak" noise (but you can adjust it to suit your purposes). I also set it to +3 sharpening.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:26 PM   #12

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I use an Epson, but not the same model, so there may be a few differences, but I think the driver software is set up about the same. When printing, the driver default mode is not the highest quality, and you must click on the printer dialog box to enter and change the settings. Since you are using matte paper, you would select heavyweight matte , and the size, as well as print quality. The selection you need is either 'Best Photo'. or 'Photo RPM' , if that is an option for the paper you use. Sometimes, in light areas of sky, you may still be able to make out the occasional dot, but normally these prints should look as good as those from a film camera processed chemically.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:55 AM   #13

hello all
this forum is sweet!
I want to thanks you all for your help

bananastylez is offline   Reply With Quote