Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

View Poll Results: How many digital cameras do you own?
1 24 26.09%
2 33 35.87%
3 23 25.00%
4 5 5.43%
5+ 6 6.52%
Zero 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:29 AM   #31

Minolta DiMage Z1 and SiPix StyleCam Blink, with a Canon A410 on the way (cashed in some reward points at work). The Z1 is my main camera and replaced my Canon AE-1 film SLR; the Blink was my first digital camera (640x480, CMOS, 2MB built in, 1 AAA cell) and doesn't do too bad a job in good light. My phone also has a 640x480 camera, if all else fails...
Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:35 AM   #32

I own two digital cameras: Pentax Optio 33L and Panasonic FZ20. My husband and two sons each have their own digital cameras too, so we have a total of five digital cameras (and at least three never-used-anymore film cameras, inlcuding an old Canon AT-1) in our household.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:35 AM   #33

Are we counting all cameras or just the ones that still work? I have 3 working cameras and 1 not working. I use a Panasonic FZ20 for the long shots like birds and other wildlife. I just got a Panasonic LX1 as my carry everywhere camera and for landscape and scenic shots. The LX1 replaces my Casio EX-Z3 which stopped working correctly 2 1/2 months ago. I also have a Panasonic FZ1 which I use as a backup for the Fz20. I use the FZ1 for IR shots.

Enjoy life!
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:37 AM   #34

Hi all! Did anyone notice the gap of about 3 years in this thread? I mean6 posts previous to this one was made 10 Feb 2003, and then the next post was made today (18 Jan 2006!) :!:

I dare say that there would be quite a difference between then and now in terms of how many digital cameras people own. Many more people are likely to have upgraded and kept the "previous digicam" as a backup, or "just in case"... or for the kids, or whatever. Interesting this thread started off something like: "I'm quite sure the vast majority of people own just one digital camera". Wishful thinking!! Too much marketing to allow that to happen! :-) When I looked at the vote tally, itshows more people have 3 cameras than those who have "just 1". The majority of people seem to own two.

Well, I'm a marketer (did a Marketing degree and have worked in Marketing for several years)... so I admit I've succumb too. Recently actually I've upgraded to a DSLR (Canon 350D / Digital Rebel XT). I have 2 copies of a Fuji 601 zoom. So that makes me a "number 3" voter!

"Happy snapping" everyone. I'd like to see this thread continuing at least till 2009 ... well let's round it off and make it 2010!

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:33 AM   #35

It is amazing how this stuff on the web hangs around. I once posted a question on an Emacs mailing list. 5 years later, I got a private email asking if I had come across a solution. I barely remembered the question, much less the answer.
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:10 PM   #36

Still having my old stuff:

Kodak Easyshare CX6200 (ebay, come get it ...)
Minolta DiMage X20 (still love it, sort of ...)
Casio Exilim QV-R62 (maybe ebay ...)

My new Panny Lumix DMC-FZ5 is king of my castle!

Yeah, plus busloads of SD cards/MMCs, NiMHs, LiIons and a few chargers ...
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:07 PM   #37

fuji A205

fuji S7000

bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote