Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 16, 2005, 10:27 PM   #1

I have seen a lot of photos from people that have the FZ20. Is it just me or does this camera produce the most amazing shots for any digicam out there? It seems to rival many of the DSLR's out there. I have a Sony DSC F717 and while I like the camera, it seems to come very short on image quality when compared to the FZ20. I would like people's input, both people that own the camera and people that do not. Thanks.
golovemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2005, 5:35 AM   #2

I have owned a 717 and the FZ20 and now the FZ30. ALL of them are very good cameras and produce quality photographs. A lot depends on what the photograper wants. The 717 is heavy and can be fitted with a W/A lens that will also zoom. The Panasonic FZ cameras are easier to carry and have the 12x zoom. One reason I like the FZ30 is that I do not have to fool with lens adapters. Some other person might not see this as a problem. And the list can go on?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 8:48 AM   #3

I personally prefer Panasonic. I own a FZ-15, and I wanted to upgrade. I visited the camera store, have in my hands a Sony F828, Nikon D50, D70 and Panasonic FZ-30, and my desition was FZ-30. I know what DSLR guys are thinking of me, but with FZ30 I can get almost everything from a DLSR + 2100 USD lens. The only issue is noise, and this is not a big issue for me.

Due to the zoom capability and Image stabilizer (it's amazing), Sony didn't was in my mind
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote