Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:01 PM   #1

I am a bit of a jack of all creative traids, I earn money via Graphic Design, Web Design and Photography. As a result of this I often am very lucky and get to use great expensive software.

Now I can not justify the purchase of CS2 to my company even though I think it is worth every penny they just do not get it Which essentially means I do not get to put it on my home system were I do most of my photographic work. Please do not go on about piracy, I am fully aware of the laws which state i can use this software on two computers, and this is what I am doing with permission from my company.

Anyway, as I understand it, Photoshop Elements has the same functionality for RAW as CS2? Is this true because that's the only bit I really want, it increases my workflow ten fold.

Also if I was to use Elements to batch process my Raw images could I still use Photoshop CS1 to do all my other jobs?

Thanks for your help
grant.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:49 PM   #2

I recently acquired Elements 3 with the purchase of a new scanner, and can confirm that it does indeed have the same RAW converter as CS. It is a very good photo editor/enhancer, and The only real reason I still prefer Photimpact is my familiarity with it. Elements is limited in the mumber of built-in functions and plug-ins, so for advanced work, you might want to stick with CS.

If you batch process, saving to a non-lossy format will allow edititing in CS, or any other editor.

As to piracy issues: I am not the keeper of your conscience.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:41 PM   #3

I've use older versions of photoshops and I think that photoshop elements is a good. And very useful
matthew2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote