Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:22 AM   #1
Default Canon's successor to the D60?

I have been considering picking up a Canon d60 to replace my Canon A2E. I've spent time considering both the D30 and the D60, I am concerned that my purchase may be premature. I am a student photojournalist, and will be taking classes this fall that will require heavy use of my Camera, whatever it may be. I own a Canon S30 already, but this camera cannon meet my needs most of the time. One class, Color Magazine Photography, will actually require full blown 2 page spreads. Is there any chance that Canon will be releasing a new prosumer camera? $ 2000 is a considerable sum of money for me and would prefer to spend it wisely.

I understand many would be tempted to suggest another manufacturer, but I have considerable monies invested in Canon gear. (Lenses and flashes) I'd rather not have to put all my gear on ebay just to go out and pick up new gear. Canon gear has teated me well in the past. (Also, if it makes any difference, I am a Mac user..)

Thanks for your time and any information you may be able to provide.

JD in Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:55 AM   #2

Just wait another couple of weeks - good things are coming ...

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2003, 5:44 PM   #3

Man, must be nice to be a student with a pile of money. When I took a photography class in college (in 1992), it was a mostly manual Pentax (it a AE and aperture priority exposure), and developing and printing black and white.

If you haven't already, you should learn to shoot black and white. Develop and print it. Learn how to get the image looking good when you take it. Sure, Photoshop is cool and does wonders. I love it, but its not a substitute for proper camera technique.

IMHO, of course.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote