Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:17 PM   #1

First of all forgive me if I say something in error or have posted this in the wrong thread. This is my first time on this site. That being said, I just bought a Gateway DC-T50 from a co-worker and am having a few problems with it. Takes fine pictures-crystal clear and perfect flash exposure so far. However I cannot delete all pictures from the camera (SD card) The camera simply locks up when I try to execute a delete all, or when I try to format the card throught the camera. I literally have to unplug it and take out the battery to shut it down. Also I have just noticed that my XP based PC no longer detects my camera at all. Yes I have service pack 2 installed so I suspect that might be some of the problem. It is currently running a ver .25 firmware and I would like to know if a firmware upgrade will solve any of these or prevent more problems? If so where in the world to I get an upgrade?? I tried a ver 1.10 for the Toshiba PDR-5300 but it did nothing-no upgrade no nothing. Still at ver .25. Anyone have any ideas?

PS-Yes I already know that it isn't the best camera-please refrain from bashing me too hard about buying it!
awp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:10 PM   #2

Contact Gateway. It's probably the firmware as something similar happened to one of these back when I tested it. It was within the one year warranty period, so they had me send it back to them. Less than 10 days later, I received an express package back from emachines (Gateway bought them) with a NEW camera and accessories, updated firmware and no problems. Was very shocked that of all people, Gateway provided service that was better than what you usually get from any of the bigger names, too.

For the price they're not bad cameras - mine wound up going to a nephew for a birthday gift and he's taken some really nice shots with it.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote