Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 19, 2005, 7:53 AM   #11

slipe wrote:
[b][user=1766]Of the cameras rodo listed that he is interested in, The Fuji F1, Canon 610 & 620 and Panasonic LZ1 & LZ2 do not have separate controls but just a single soft, normal and vivid control that seems to shotgun all three.* And the F10 doesn't even have a soft setting.* It doesn't appear the Stylus 800 has any control at all.* So of the seven cameras he mentioned only the Casio P700 has separate controls for contrast, sharpening and saturation.* Selectable noise reduction is very rare except for very slow shutter speed subtraction type noise reduction.* I wish more cameras did allow you to turn off the normal in-camera noise reduction, which most have to some degree.
Well, that's disappointing. I thought the manufacturers were doing better. Perhaps they should be paying more attention to such things.

pip22: I don't understand your response. No one is telling the poster to shoot RAW, rather we are trying to point out the options (sometimes) available under JPG to get the zero processing images the poster wants.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote