Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:45 AM   #1
Default digital cameras transfer to PC in real time

i want to buy a digital camera because i have to grab automatically images and transfer them to PC, immediately after every shot (through USB or firewire ports).
is it possible? do you know any model with this direct (not-delayed)function?
conversely, do i have always to shot and transfer manually every image?

thank you

stefano arrighetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:00 PM   #2

Many Olympus cameras are compatiable with 3rd party pc tools what do thing kind of thing I think due to unadvertised features built into the cameras.

Have a look at the websites for: Cam2Com and Pine Tree Camera Controller to see if they do what you want. I haven't used either piece of software in any more depth than literally just connecting my camera to see if they work, but their web sites may tell you if they do what you require.

Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 5:16 PM   #3

I do this very thing with my Olympus C-4000. Using the Cam2Com program, I can set the camera to take photos every so often automatically. The picture is downloaded to the computer as soon as it's taken.

This would be the only scenario where having the AC adapter would be helpful, depending on the operating parameters you have in mind; one time I ran a test on my C-4000, and with a fully charged 1800mAh NiMH batteries, the camera lastes about 260 shots with the LCD on.
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 10:49 PM   #4

Most Canon cameras come with an application called Direct Connect that does what you want to do. Breeze System makes one for about $30 that has more features and controls. These connect via USB cable.

You can do the same thing with most WebCams for less than $100. These will be much lower resolution pix
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote