Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:28 PM   #1
Default I am a Canadian, which online stores are available for me?

i see ecost.com has prices for Canadians, but i am wondering are there more online stores that's Canadain friendly and sell dig cams? thanx!
SmOoTh__OpErAteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2003, 1:56 AM   #2

Henrys www.henrys.ca and Vistek www.vistek.ca are two of the biggies (they are big camera stores in Toronto). Also Japan Camera, Aden, Merkle, etc.

This page has a list of Toronto stores which may also have online shops (I'm not going to do ALL of the reasearch for you! ):

Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:10 PM   #3

I bought my Olympus C-4000 from Carman's Foto Source. They are located in Stratsford, Ontario, and they only deal online. I got a hold of them through E-bay. So, search from there. I suggest looking at their E-bay prices rather than their website prices. My Olympus C-4000 was just the normal package: Camera, strap, 16MB card, Lithium batteries, manual, CD software. All that for less than $700CAD which included the next day shipping and GST taxes (I was exempt from Ontario PST). Henry's didn't have the C-4000 on their website, so I didn't bother calling them up for it. I do find them to be very expensive though even if my company deals with them on a regular basis. Anyway, in Future Shop, the C-4000 was $699.99CAD plus applicable taxes. So you see why I jumped all over the Carman's Foto deal. Customer Sales Service was very good. Very courteous over the phone, no pushy sales pitch, and they actually called me back when I had no intention of buying the camera yet. I made about 3 phone calls to them talking to 3 different people, and all were very nice.

If you look through E-bay, there are other online Canadian sellers. At least two are from Ontario (Carman's and Parson's Foto), and one from British Columbia. I particularly did not like buying electronic equipment on E-bay, but I decided to take the chance. So far, my camera has been Grade-A reliable.

The_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:18 PM   #4

hey thanx for sharing ur experience. I live in BC, so it will be nice if someone knows a place here that offer online dig cam shopping.

the reason i am asking this cuz i find futureshop and london drug often jack up their prices on dig cams.
SmOoTh__OpErAteR is offline   Reply With Quote