Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:42 AM   #1

I am planning to buy a 20D and i want to know about the online shop beachcameras.com.

If somebody had purchased from the above shop please let me know how the services are. It would be great if you guys can help me out with some inputs.

waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:43 AM   #2

Check em out at: http://www.resellerratings.com

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:20 AM   #3

The ratings are high 9's. Guess its a trust worthy shop. Any personal experience would add some perspective.

Thanks steve.

waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:39 AM   #4

got my rebel xt from them about 5 months ago...didn't have any problems. i had to change the order so i called them by were friendly and helpful.
nv1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:45 AM   #5

They're reputable. They also do business as buydig.com.

They usually have some of the lowest prices around on Digital Cameras (real prices, not bait and switch prices that you'll see from some of the Brooklyn based scammers).

But, watch out for the cost of their accessories (they've got to make money somewhere). ;-)

They also have a restocking fee (as do most vendors). So, make sure you're not going to change your mind about what camera you want if you don't want to incur one. See their policies section.

If you want a reputable vendor with more liberal policies, well as very fair prices on name brand accessories (not stuff you've never heard of), try http://www.bhphotovideo.com

It's not perfect, but most Digital Cameras can be returned with 7 days (longer on non-Digital) without a restocking fee. Make sure to read their policies for restrictions.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:13 PM   #6

I bought a Canon L lens from them about 8 months ago. No problems. I usually buy from B&H, but I had an immediate need and B&H was closed. I chose Beach as a backup based on the online reviews, and their prices were comparable with B&H.
tmilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:35 PM   #7

I ordered a point 'n shoot camera and a DVD recorder from them over the past weekend. Both arrived this morning(Wednesday) via FedEx. They must have shipped them out on Monday for them to be here today. Not bad for free shipping.
Not a complaint, but they don't always re-box items for shipping. This means everyone knows what you're receiving - in my case the wife now knows she's getting a DVD recorder for xmas. Oh well.
chainsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:11 PM   #8

My brother in law swears by them but I usually find a better price at www.vanns.com I used to go to their stores out west, theyre out of Montana. I just got a Panasonic FZ20 for $399from them and it shipped ground and I received it in less than a week. They didnt even charge my credit cart untill it shipped which is unusual.

mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote