Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:52 PM   #1

Just got my EX-Z50 repaired very satifactorily by Tim Cason of *****************(repairs@*****************). For some reason, this guy gets equal amounts of good and bad press from some of the messages I've seen on this site, but he fixed my camera real nice (and fast as well!). BTW, I need to tell everyone this: the camera originally stopped working one fine day, 3-4 months after I bought it. I sent it to Casio, and WHAM! they write back saying it had a large dent caused by improper handling, and send me a $230 repair bill (this isless than halfway into the warranty).I swear I handled that thing with kid gloves, I bought a whole roll of bubble wrap from USPS just to send it in to Casio, so I cannot think of anything else to call that company but a bunch of frauds. Whatever, I got on the net and found this site and the link to Tim's site, he sent me an estimate of $158, return shipping included, not amazingly cheap but $80 less than Casio. Next, Casio refuses to ship the package to Tim, and I lose another $15 sending it. Worst, when the camera came back, it ACTUALLY had a dent it, even though the original box I sent it in was spotless. Something funny going on here, and I'm not the only guy who's had problems with this company (check some of the messages on this site). Anyway, Tim repaired it fine, it works great now and I'm thankful to him. If, like me, you've been stuck with an absurd estimate from Casio, send your thing to him, this guy is for real.

fly RC forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:56 PM   #2

I want to let people knowthat Tim Casons did a great job for me in a short time (a couple of weeks) for a good price ($128). I had left the camera in my swim suit pocket while going to a pool in Thailand (what a great trip) and jumped into the pool forgetting about the camera. I never got it to work properly after that. I had a repair shop in Seattle tell me it wasn't worth fixing, but Tim (whom I found on a Google search) said he could do it. He ordered some parts, and I sent him a check when he said it was ready. I received it yesterday (June 18, 2007) and have checked out all the functions, which work fine. I just noticed that my check cleared from my credit union yesterday also.

Tim kept me informed about everything he was doing, kept a great record of what I had sent to him, didn't charge me for shipping it back to me, and threw in a belt holster for the camera free!

I highly recommend him.
gooofffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:40 PM   #3

I just got back from a beach vacation and the Casio Exilim I borrowed from a friend had lens error. Couldn't return it broken, of course, so I googled casio repair and found Tim Cason. What a life saver! Tim repaired the camera quickly, efficiently, and economically. Found out he also repairs computers, so I'm going to bring my broken computers to him to fix as well.
notatechie is offline   Reply With Quote