Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 8, 2003, 7:27 PM   #1
Default help a newbie choose a new camera...

hey, my first post here.

I was wondering if some of you guys could give me a suggestion or suggestions in a camera fitted for me.

money is no object, but I dont want to spend unnecessary money on something I dont need.

I'm mainly shooting cars, sporting events (action pictures), and vacationing.

I really liked some of the 'shutter' effects of some pictures(car in movement but background is blurry) and lighting effects (also related to shutter as well?) Also a nice macro feature couldn't hurt. GREAT quality is a must, movies a plus. Zoom would be nice too. I was looking at the G3, but for the price, would it fit my needs?

Thanks a lot.
digiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2003, 8:14 PM   #2

The G3 would be a good choice. I really don't know how much quality you're looking for. After all, DSLRs provide the best quality in the digital world. If storage is a concern, maybe looking into one of the Sony CD-Rs might interest you, OR looking into a camera that can accept Compact Flash instead of SmartMedia.

As for car action shots. Those are mostly 1/30 second shutter speeds. Depends on the speed of the car also, of course (along with many other variables such as light). As for lighting effects, do you mean night photography, long exposure types?

The_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2003, 3:53 PM   #3

digiosity is offline   Reply With Quote