Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 14, 2003, 8:04 PM   #1
Default Canon g2/g3 vs. Olympus c-5050 zoom

Ok guys i just want opinions here. what camera would you buy with your money the canon g2 or g3 or the olympus c-5050 zoom? this will be my first "intermediate" level digital camera. i want to use this to expand my photo taking skills and be able to take low-light level shots as i mentioned in my other post. i just read steves review on both of the cameras and both have features that id enjoy using. the one feature that got me somewhat interested was the olympus' ability to take good low light pictures. anyhow let me know what you guys think. thanks a bunch.
ptahkeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2003, 1:50 AM   #2

no one has opinions on these two cameras???
please help me out as im about to spend a junk load of money on a camera and i want to make the right decision.
ptahkeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:30 AM   #3

I have the C-5050 and it will take photos in total darkness if you want.
Most of the time I don't even use a flash.It has a ton of features that you may never use,but they are available.I also love the ability to use different media,so you can use whatever is cheaper at the time.You can also switch media on the fly.When one gets full just switch to the other.It also has a slave mode for flash so you can play with more than one flash and adjust different lighting arrangements.
Bottom line is I like my camera and its many features,plus you can easily add filters and lenses with an extension tube that also protects the lens.
I don't know anything about the other two you mentiond except what I read about them,but I held the G3 and the C-5050 felt better in my hand.
Good Luck with your choice.

EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote