Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 1, 2006, 12:09 PM   #1

I'd love to get to know more people on here.. As I've found so far there's a member that lives not to far from me..!

Ok.. Me.. I'm in my late 20's.. Mom of 2 toddlers (2 and 4 yrs).. I live in BC Canada. I've been intersted in photography for years.. I'm an avid mountain biker and hiker, a Mom and a part time skating instructor.

Tidbits of me can be seen here.. with my little boogies of course

My name.. is Tarrah... This is me:

Attached Images
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2006, 3:14 PM   #2

he... ı m önder from İstanbul - Turkiye and my burn Lüleburgaz - Turkiye, ı m 26... ı love photograps, graphics and web site design, play to bağlama (saz) and darbuka, theatre playing in İstanbul, see you later... your children very sweaty....
Attached Images
havkimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:59 AM   #3

Annual model is 82.
My nick comes from initials and in that photo I have a suit with "my" name on it so guessing my first name shouldn't be hard. :G

Exact location is where it's expected to be... and here's this year's best number:

And I have badly twisted sense of humour... but that doesn't reach to lying advertising/PR-departments.

Officer Effiency Reports, these are actual lines out of OER (Officer Efficiency Report ) -- Performance appraisal for the military
- Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
- Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching.
- A room temperature IQ.
- Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy to hold it all together.
- A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on.
- A prime candidate for natural deselection.
- Bright as Alaska in December.
- One-celled organisms out score him in IQ tests.
- Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.
- If brains were taxed, he'd get a rebate.
- If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
- One neuron short of a synapse.
- Wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the Flight Attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt up against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.

I was on a Southwest flight once that was delayed at the gate after everyone boarded. The flight attendant said over the intercom, "We're sorry for the delay. The machine that normally rips the handles off your luggage is broken, so we're having to do it by hand. We should be finished and on our way shortly."
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:59 PM   #4

I'm 13; I live in Richmond, Va... I've been interested in photography for a while, but didn't have a sufficient digital camera(i only use digi. because film costs too much...), so I bought one on ebay. Hopefully I can learn more and more about photography and eventually become semi-pro. There's a tiny bit about me.
walterd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 5:52 AM   #5

I'm 22, originally from Erie, PA, but have since become a military journalist/ photojournalist and have moved to Fort Hood, Texas.
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:39 AM   #6

Hello everyone!!

The name is Pete, early 20's, absolute amateur at photography.

i live in Sydney, Australia but I don't have as interesting a job as the other guys here, especially ET or rob_strain. Just a humble public health care worker, dispensing drugs to people.

By the way, nice wheels Tarrah!!! hehehe
wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:41 AM   #7

Greetings all (or should I say: "G'day"... Australian greeting)....

My name is Paul and I'm 31 (and a half :blah: ) years old.

Originally I'm from Tasmania, Australia - one of the most amazing and untouched places on earth. Lived there about 22 years. I've beenback to Tasmnia 3 times in the last 8 years for short Christmas (Australian summer!) visits.

I lived about 6 years in London, UK doing part time Christian / charity work there but mainly doing support work (fund-raising and PR / networking, organising work teams) fora charity in Romania. That was the reason I left Australia - to help this charity called Bonus Pastor Foundation. In the last 10 years I have also lived and visited quite few other countries for short stays (e.g. the Netherlands, Scotland, Switzerland, N. Ireland, Hungary).

For almost the last 3 years now I live in Romania being more directly involved in the mission / charity workerhere - we offer alcoholicsvarious programmes and help, allowing them a chance for a postive life change. (It's a big social problem for this country, amongst other places I know!) But it's very rewarding work to see people's lives and especially their whole family situations improve!

:|Photography is a keen and much enjoyed hobby. Since 1995 I have enjoyed taking photos, and I've especially been taking LOADS of photos since I first got into digital photography back in 1999.Thankfully digital cameras have improved exponentially since then (that first Kodak digital camera I used was a killer to get good photos, but hey, it WAS digital!!) My first own digital camera (Fuji) was in 2001. Since November 2005 I own a digital SLR (Canon Rebel XT / 350D)... logical progression isn't it!? (but I keep my pocketable Fuji with me at all times).

The photo shows me and the even bigger love of my life: my fiancee Tundi. We've known each other for over 3 years, and been going out since Feb 2004 and got engaged December 2005. Tundi is a local lass from Romania. We hope to get married 23 September 2006. She's a good subject for my camera as well as being a balanced mindwhen (at times) she tells me I need to put the camera/s down! :-)

Kind regards to you all.... Maybe I've rambled on a bit too much... sorry - that's my style! Anyway I look forward to reading more about you all.

Attached Images
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote