Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 26, 2003, 8:54 PM   #1
Default Best 2 MP digicam under $300 with video out

Which are the best 2 MP digicams under US$300 which have a video out provision to see pictures on TV. Audio will also be preferred, but not essential.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:41 PM   #2

Heck, for 300$, you can get a 4mp Olylmpus C4000.

It's practicaly an SLR, just without the actual single lens reflex. What I mean is it's loaded with manual features. 3x zoom, 3 ISO speeds, 16 sec max shutter delay, noise reduction, the whole nine yards.

I just wish I had the 300$ to spend so I could go get me one.

Oh yeah, it has video out too, of course!
Melboz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:05 AM   #3

One comment about using your camera to show pictures on TV, they have to be UNEDITTED pictures...you can't load them into a computer, edit them, and then upload back to the camera to do a presentation. Cameras store information within the picture called Exif, and if that's missing, or you're using a resolution that's not compatible with the camera that picture won't show up. Also, some cameras will show some text on the screen each time you bring up a new picture (date, time, some settings, etc.) and that will be on the screen a few seconds...ok for sharing pictures at home, but not so good for a professional presentation.

For professional work, the pictures loaded into a presentation program and shown with a projector, or maybe recorded onto videotape.

You didn't say whether you wanted this for personal or professional, so I thought I'd cover both.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 6:32 AM   #4

Even if you don't edit the picture and the EXIF data is in tact uploading a pic, erasing the memory card and then downloading it to the card again (even with the same name) may not show your picture on the LCD or video out! Go figure!

Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 6:58 AM   #5

I got myself the picture share from RS, it is a card reader and also will display pictures from smart media or compact flash cards on TV.
It will display them as a slide show and has some special effects like wipes.
I have over 350 pictures on one 128mb compact flash card and the slide show is appx. 35 minutes long, I record music from cassette for the sound track.
I put all those photos on the card using it as a card reader.
Funny thing though, if I put the card in my camera, it says no photos, but they are all there and will show on the TV.
Best $49.95 I ever spent in a long time.
RS did have them on sale awhile ago.
Bill Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2003, 5:27 PM   #6

for 300 you can have many choices on a 4mp camera, check steves reviews for a good one. most cams now have a tv out. you always could take the pictures and put them on a cd, make a vcd and you will be able to play it on most dvd players and have a nice slide show
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote