Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:35 AM   #1

I posted this same exact topic on the Sony forum but my experience has been that I get very little response (if any). So I'll try it here this time as well.

I took the first batch of pictures with my new H1 and although I was very very happy with picture sharpness, I did have problems with the exposure. I took most shotsin P mode with most settings at default values. The exposure metering was setto center-weight (some wre matrix but I found the results to be even worse in high contrast scenes). Most pictures were landscape inbright daylight. The more sky I added to the frame, the worse theshaded areas appeared, which to a certain degree is normal camera behavior. Thething is, if I increase the EV (+0.3 or 0.7), the sky becomes washed out. If I decrease, everything gets dark. I've been browsing some H1 galleries in pbase and noticed by looking at the full EXIF of many pictures with high contrast areasthat a lot of people set the EV at - something (as suggested in the White Paper). So, I don't get it. Should Iset theEV to a -1.3 so that the sky light gets drastically reduced thus making the shaded areas brighter? Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links