Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which is better
Nikon cp4500 0 0%
Canon a70 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 1, 2003, 2:46 PM   #1
Default Which should I get, the a70 or the cp4500

y office depot currently has the nikon cp4500 with a 128 mb cf card for 500 after mail in rebate (and I don't think this includes nikon's 50 rebate). Before I buy however, I was wondering whether this or the a70 would work better for me. I intend to use this camera from everthing from portraits to action shots plus everything in between since I will be taking pictures mainly for my journalism class and my own uses. What I liked about the a70 is the movie mode, canon digic processor, af illuminator, larger lcd and aa batteries as for the 4500 i liked the 4x zoom, the ability to take external flash, macro mode, 4mp, tons of accessory lenses, uncompressed tiff format, cf2 and microdrive support and more options in af. The price difference is inconsequential as after buying a set of nimh, a mem card and a lense adapter to allow the use of add-on lenses, the canon will cost about as much as the nikon. Which would you suggest and why?
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2003, 3:51 PM   #2

Hrm, I do like the a70 camera, but the external hotshoe for the Nikon would probably make me lean towards it.

Both do macro, both have ability to add-on lenses.

The a70 is 3MP where as the Nikon is 4MP so you could print out larger prints, larger than 8.5x11 anyway. Now I don't know the other specs of the Nikon. The a70 does 640x480 video with audio, I am not sure about its compression though there are 3 settings for it.

The CFII support for the Nikon is nice if your interested in using MicroDrives.

I own a Canon a60 and love it. I am not into larger prints that 8x11 so I didnt go for the a70. I just love the macro feature, the various manual settings, and that I can purchase add-on lenses later. If it did come with a hotshoe for an external flash I would of definately gone for the a70. *shrug*

Not sure if this helps at all though....
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote