Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 18, 2006, 7:57 AM   #11

I guess it all depends on what you plan to do with these photos, If you print a 4x6(3:2 ratio) with some digital cameras you have to know that you will lose some information at the top and bottom since most cameras have a 4:3 ratio.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:00 AM   #12

tmoreau wrote:
For example, with my 500mm lens, shooting 35mm film, the resulting full sized printed image is smaller then the same lens shooting with my 1.5 camera. This is because the 1.5 sensor "crops" the image in camera. When printed, naturally it appears larger, since I am in fact printing a crop at 100 percent.

Yet looking through the viewfinder, I can see no magnification over the film camera, just a narrower field of view. This is a concept that Mr. Moreau does not comprehend.
You just can't let go can you? You abandoned the thread where I stomped all over your lack of logic and now your going to throw around abstract theory of resolution/magnification in a thread where a newbie is simply tring to understand how one piece of equipment helps them take pictures compared to another? Your not much better than Mark.

Your argument, is of course not with me, but with reality. I posted an explantaion of this from a microscope site, aimed to explain the difference between resolution and magnification. Those are THEIR words I posted. And I'm happy to inform you that you have never attempted to answer their explanations. You ignore them, and refer to this as "trouncing."

So you can continue your war with reality. But sorry, it's not with me. Finally of course, your rather childish explanation that one should not tell the truth to a "newbie," speaks of an arrogance that I will have to go back to school to acquire. That you cannot even be civil is no surprise.

DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:07 AM   #13

That's enough guys.

This thread is closed.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote