Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Straps?
Yes 20 74.07%
No 3 11.11%
Sometimes 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:20 PM   #31

Something I forgot to mention...the strap that came with my camera, naturally, says "PENTAX"...I discarded it and found a black generic that says nothing...and with the camera hanging down, you cannot read the front of the camera, or cover it with black electrical tape...

Maybe I am paranoid, but there are thieves everywhere...I believe when they see a bright yellow "Nikon" or "Canon" or "Pentax" around your neck, you are placing a fluorescent sign on your neck that says "Keep an eye on me, and maybe you will get an opportunity to steal my camera"...

It is the same with 2nd Amendment stickers or NRA Life Member stickers or NRA hats...why advertise to the world that you may be carrying a concealed weapon, or that you may have weapons in your car just waiting to be stolen???...it is nice to brag on what you own, but the world just ain't the same, and stealing isn't much of a crime to the courts, since the jails are full of rapists, murderers, and drug dealers...so thieves know that even if they are caught, you have lost your stuff, and they will pretty much get away with it (unless you happen to be carrying your weapon at the same time they steal your camera, but that is another topic for another day...:-):-):-))
marsha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:43 AM   #32

ELDDJOC wrote:
I don't understand - how can neck straps be useful ?

If you wear the camera via a neck strap - the camera seems to keep bouncing and hitting around when you are walking, and it feels weird .....

I think I'd rather have the camera bounce some times and hit my chest than NOT bounce when it hits the ground. Followed by my wallet bouncing out of my pocket for repair/replacement cost.

But I can imagine for women, yes, it would be more of a nuisance.
TedM is offline   Reply With Quote